Truely useless info:
· A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
· A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
· A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
· A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
· A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
· A snail can sleep for three years.
· Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
· All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
· Almonds are a member of the peach family.
· An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
· Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
· Butterflies taste with their feet.
· Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.
· "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
· February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
· In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
· If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
· If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.
· It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
· Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
· Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
· No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
· On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag.
· Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
· Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
· Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
· "Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.
· The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
· The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
· The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
· The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.
· The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
· The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
· There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
· There are more chickens than people in the world.
· There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous
· There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.
· Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
· TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
· Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself