Since it has been over a year since I bought and computer err laptop, and the Sony UX was on woot.com the other week I took the plunge.
Currently I have a client issued Thinkpad T42, and carry my Fujitsu P1610 as well. With any luck I will be able to use the UX to replace the P1610 in my day to day. Since I need access to my client Lotus Notes I take it with me during the day, and Remote Desktop into the Fujitsu, so the smaller the pc the better.
- The screen resolution is pretty high (1024x600), so it's quite usable, especially for surfing.
- The little mouse nub isn't too bad. I am a touchpad kind of guy, but the little nub is better than exoected.
- It runs Vista better than the P1610, though it has a slightly better processor than the Fujitsu.
- The flash hard drive is pretty fast, probably another reason it runs better.
- The integrated keyboard is convenient
- Did I mention it's small
- Hands get tired from holding it, I use my pinkies to counter-balance and they get tired after much time.
- The TIP doesn't pop-up like it does on the P1610, I have to click it from the side of the screen.
- The keyboard is too wide and w/o tactile feedback to thumb type as effficiently as I can on my Moto Q Global
- HD it too small - it only had 10 GB free when I got it, which means I have to reconfigure my FolderShare so only the essential stuff comes across.
- Battery life is very short, a couple of hours at best.
Those are just some of my first impressions. I'm still on the fence about keeping it. I'll post again after trying it as my primary production machine for a few weeks.